Dr Saibal Guha,
MBBS, FRANZCP, MD (Psychiatry), Graded Specialist in Adult Psychiatry (Ex-Indian Armed Forces).
I have practiced psychiatry for over twenty years, after qualifying in psychiatry from India and working as a Psychiatrist with the Indian Navy for five years prior to coming to Australia. I have Indian and Australian Psychiatric qualifications with special interest in: Adult ADHD, complex mood and anxiety disorders, neuropsychiatric conditions (with special reference to treatment involving rTMS and ECT), neurodevelopmental conditions (such as Adult ASD), functional neurological disorders and telepsychiatry (for rural and remote locations).
I am a member of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists and am affiliated to the Adult Psychiatry Faculty. I practice as an Adult Psychiatrist in Brisbane. I am also involved in Registrar training at Belmont Private Hospital, Brisbane. I am a Senior Lecturer with the University of Queensland and Griffith University.
MBBS: National Medical College, Kolkata, India (1986)
MD (Psychiatry): Armed Forces Medical College, Pune, India (1998)
Graded Specialist in Psychiatry: Armed Forces Medical College, Pune, India (1999)
FRANZCP, Australia (2006)
- Consultant Psychiatrist Pinel Clinic, Belmont Private Hospital, Brisbane (2011- to current)
- Dy Director Mental Health, Country Health, SA (2010-11)
- Clinical Director, Acute Care Team, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Brisbane (2009-10)
- A/Clinical Director, Acute Mental Health Unit, Toowoomba (2008-09)
- Extensive experience in rural and remote mental health whilst working in Toowoomba and as a Residential Psychiatrist based in Whyalla, SA.
- Extensive experience in telepsychiatry since 2004, whilst servicing rural and remote locations of SA and Qld.
- Mental health conditions associated with medical disorders